Oh my gosh! Rob and Eugene are back after such a long long long long long long break! Yes! Season 5 is now underway, and as of this writing (on April 29th) there are actually 2 more episodes in the pipeline to be edited. So fear not, there is lots of Café Seoul headed your way so you can get your fix.
As we were planning the show, we decided that we’d do an entire episode of News of the Weird, and skip On the Pulse. because we’d been away so long. That WAS the plan, but in the first half of the show, we actually ended up having a very long discussion about whitewashing in western media and specifically about Marvel’s Iron Fist… so we’ll call that On the Pulse for this episode
News of the Weird
- Seoul offers free driving lessons for “expats”
- Manager at UK firm loses job for refusing to bow to Korean boss
- Egypt to export stray dogs to Korea
- Pyeongchang unveils new slogan
- Korea makes ‘fertile women map’ in effort to increase birth rate
- Is this menu racist?
- American flags at pro-Park Rally
- Samsung ends top down corporate structure
- Doctors take selfie with cadavers
- Artist sells trophy during music awards
- Public wedding ad angers Korean young people
And yes, at the end of the podcast, Eugene did mispronounce Rob’s family name, but his BS excuse is that he was mimicking how it should be pronounced in Rob’s native Canadian, know watm tokin aboot?